Tuesday 28 August 2007

Bird on a wire..


Found this bird on one of my walk abouts. I thought it was a rag caught on the barbed wire fence but when I got closer, realised that it must have flown at full speed into the wire, breaking its neck in the process. One minute a life full of song and flight. The next, just a silent corpse now swaying in the wind.
Now I know there’s a song in there somewhere and I know Leonard Cohen had an album by the same name as my ‘ bird on a wire’, but not being a huge fan of his I couldn’t say if there was any artistic connection between the two. Anyhow, if nothing else it brought out the poet in me…

With blackbird feather and raven eye
I soar upon winds in an open sky.
And where fate takes me, there I’ll fly,
And where fate grants me, there I’ll die.”

No comments: