Friday 7 September 2007

It's Never to Late...


Here’s one of my favourite paths. It leads to a bay at Rhoscolyn call Borthwen Bay. It’s where I cut my teeth when learning to sea kayak and it was here I had my first encounter with a seal that played hide and seek with me for close to an hour. Wherever I paddled he’d pop his head up just a few metres away and if I paddled towards him he’d disappear under the surface only to pop up a few minutes later. And so it went on for close to an hour until I guess, he got bored with me. But what a fantastic face he/she had with huge eyes and eyelashes any girl would die for. It was also here that I found myself amongst a flock of feeding terns. As I sat quietly flouting, they would dive-bomb into the waters around me, disappear for a handful of seconds and then reappear with a small fish wiggling in their beaks.
I may have come late to this sport but am so grateful for the opportunity it’s given me to get so close to the natural world.

No comments: